CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Make Your Own Luck

I listed this necklace on etsy.com last night at around 8:00. at 9:30 this morning I went through the necklace pages to see how far through the pages my poor necklace had ended up, as the pages are listed chronologically. I figured it'd be on around page 5, because it had been not even 12 hours since I listed it. Not even half a day went by, and my necklace was on page 87! That's not 87 necklaces, but 87 PAGES of necklaces in the last 11 hours. I'm curiouse to see what page it would be on in general jewelry, but I don't have the time or patience to go through hundreds of pages.
I thought maybe I should get a reserved listing. For $7.00 etsy will put your item in a section above the rest for 24 - which I thought was a bad deal before, but now seeing that my necklace was completely lost in 11 hours, I'm considering it. So I checked it out - every listing, for every day is booked until the 5th of next month. I don't really want to wait that long, so I've decided to spend my money another way. It costs $0.20 to list an item on etsy. every time you list an item, it goes to the front page of that catagory, until so many other items in that catagory get listed, pushing it to the second page and so on. with 7.00 I could list 35 items. I'm going to do an experament - I'm going to re-list this necklace every half hour (providing it's not still on the first page, and with over 1 million pages of jewelry, I'm sure it won't) from 10:00 am until midnight, and it'll only cost me $6.00 instead of my $7.00 to give it a reserved listing. lets see how many views it gets!

0 comments: