CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 19, 2009

You Know You Should Be In Bed When...

My very first post and it's going to be about myself.
As I got home from hanging out with my sister and our boyfriends I realized I had a custom order ring to make that I said I would deliver tomorrow, so instead of going to bed I grabbed my ring mandrel and set to work.


I wrapped the wire around the mandrel - right size and everything, and cut it off. then I realized I had only made a single loop when my rings are made with a double loop band. cursing myself for wasting silver wire I wrapped it around the mandrel again - this time twice around for the double band. I cut it off in the wrong spot however, so it was a single hoop again.

Now getting a little mad at myself for not being entirely together I wrapped the wire twice around the mandrel, made my double band that I've made a hundred times before and measured out my 26 gauge wire to wrap the beads on.

only when I started wrapping the beads on did I realize it was supposed to be a copper ring - not silver. Cutting my losses and going to bed. I'll make something of all this waste and finish my ring in the morning.

0 comments: