CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

There's Got to Be a Better Way

Yesterday I decided to 'make my own luck' (it's all in the last post) and - instead of getting a $7.00 reserved listing in necklace on etsy - because there aren't any available until the second week of July, I decided to take the one item I would've put on a reserved listing, and renew that item every half hour from 10:00 am - midnight. it would cost me a dollar less, and keep me on the first page of the section.

It was the most tedious thing I've ever done. I had to stay near the computer, and couldn't start doing anything that would take any lenght of time, unless I'd just renewed to make sure I wouldn't miss my next deadline. renewing every half hour didn't even always keep me on the first page, however the farthest page I did end up on was page 11, which is pretty good considering after 11 hours I was on page 87.

I wouldn't suggest others use this system. I thought it was a good idea, but I won't be doing it again. It's so tedious and a little annoying, and it only got me 18 views for the day. I probably wouldn't have gotten that many views otherwise, but I didn't get any hearts - so it's hard to know if they were productive potential customer views, or just people looking at the recently listed items.

What I would suggest - if you have money you want to spend on renewing, is to renew a few things every day. That way nothing gets totally lost, but you don't have to sit at your computer all day renewing the same thing over and over again and feeling like you're throwing your time and money away - 'cause you kind of are.

0 comments: