CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day


Yesterday was Canada Day. I had so many plans for the day, that I went to sleep the night before with a list taped to my wall to ensure myself that I wouldn't forget any of the things that I was supposed to do the next morning. Sleeping in was not on that list, but did add a little craziness to my morning as I scrambled around trying to get everything done before supper.

I decided to make my pie first so the oven wouldn't been on all day when it was so hot outside, and just incase we needed it for supper (which in the end we did)
My pie shell was rolling out fine, until I tried to get it off the table and into the pie pan >< it stuck to the table like no pie shell I'd ever seen before, so I balled it all up and decided to try again, throwing twice as much flour down before trying to roll it out this time.

Well the pastry already had more than enough flour in it from the last time I tried to roll it, and now there was a thick layer of flour on the table, so instead of rolling, the pastry decided sliding around the table would be fine.

Eventually I got the pie in the oven and the kitchen (and myself :P) cleaned up and my hair curled. Supper was great, everyone loved it, and after supper my fabulous boyfriend agreed to take me to the fireworks! ^-^

It was totally packed, but we met up with our friends and spend an hour and a half trying to find the "perfect" spot to watch them from. I thought it was all a little excessive, (especially because we didn't know exactly where they were going to be setting them off) and would have rathered spend that time getting mini doughnuts and checking out all of the little shops. In the end though it paid off because we found the best spot ever, and I got to see fireworks closer than I'd ever seen them in my life :)

0 comments: