CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009


My friend got back from vacation the other day, and brought me back - not something she bought while she was out and about, but something she made <3.

I have been a fanatic of Little Big Planet since before it came out. I saw a commercial and was hooked, and for everyone who knows me they know this is completely uncharacteristic of me because I don't play video games. I don't see the thrill in them. The last game I really played was "Harvest Moon" for game cube, and that wasn't even mine, and only lasted a couple weeks. The only game I really loved was "Star Wars Pod Racer" for "Nintendo64" in 1998 :P

When my friend (sunnyshinecreations) started talking about making a 'Sackboy' amigurumi for her shop on etsy I sketched her a rough picture of what my sackboy in the game looked like and asked her to make me something close. I didn't think it'd be this close!

For anyone who plays the game - my sackboy has the white sacking with the paint splatter over the right eye, and is wearing the blue and orange sari and has the blue pig tail hair.


This was the actual terrible sketch I had given her when I asked her to make it. I can't really draw, but I couldn't figure out how to take a picture of my actual sackboy from the game, so this was the best I could do. She talked me through all the specifics like color and how to make the sari in a way that would look right but also in a way that she'd be able to do with crochet.

I think it turned out really well and I'm super excited about it. I'll probably get her to make me another one when I change my character and have a whole clan of them :P









0 comments: